A lot has happened in the past month. Here are a few of the garden events.
The tomatoes are starting to come out, and I even have a pepper that turned red. Of course, all of this is covered by bird netting to keep the mockingbirds from poking holes in everything.
Here you can see the netting and support on the left.
Here's a downside to keeping the birds out -- the tomato hornworms are allowed to roam freely, munching away at the plants. Luckily I only saw one of them, but I'm keeping my eyes open.
Our crepe myrtle is starting to bloom -- man, I love that color!
Here's our first blooming artichoke from about a month ago. It has a beautiful thistle like flower with a fairly strong (but nice) scent.
Here you can see the netting and support on the left.
Our crepe myrtle is starting to bloom -- man, I love that color!
Here's our first blooming artichoke from about a month ago. It has a beautiful thistle like flower with a fairly strong (but nice) scent.
No comments:
Post a Comment